Spotting uniqueness in style, art and culture in urban jungles across the globe.

Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Fall 2010 Loves: Milly, Jeremy Scott and Topshop

Looking at this season's collections, I am not finding a ton that I am absolutely in love with as compared to this last spring/summer. There seems to be a very dark, gothy vamp look that features tons of oddly draped fabric, as well as silhouettes that are stumpifying and with lengths not made for anyone less than six foot tall. There is also a lot of sheer circa mid-nineties. Nothing seems as crazy or whimsical (and wearable!) as I generally prefer.

Of course I am still browsing the collections and do find exceptions. The first being Jeremy Scott. This man is known for crazy and I love how he infuses elements of pop culture into his designs. Everything looks like a costume, yet oddly wearable (in specific circumstances of course) and I love costumes. I also love bedazzle.










pic name

pic name

pic name






Milly by Michelle Smith is another collection I am totally giddy about. Whereas most of the collections were very dark or muted colors, Milly spiced it up with eye-popping accents and fantastic styling through hosiery, hats and gloves. I can pretty much hear Chuck Bass whispering sweet nothings in my ear in these clothes.






pic name

pic name

pic name








pic name

pic name

pic name
Last but certainly not least is Topshop Unique's collection, which was sent down the runway today at London Fashion Week. Fulfilling my secret desires to have a barnyard theme party, Topshop created some unbelievable looks that could outfit my whole guestlist. Hooves anyone?







pic name

pic name

pic name







pic name

pic name

pic name
photos by Imaxtree via NYmag

No comments:

Post a Comment