Spotting uniqueness in style, art and culture in urban jungles across the globe.

Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

London Calling

London is my favorite place on earth. And I've been a lot of places. It makes sense it is usually my favorite fashion week. I love the funky, colorful looks the Brits pump out and show in totally entertaining and creative ways. I realize that according to most in the fashion world London is not generally the most respected, but I always dig their vibe.

Here are some of my favorites from Paul Smith. I love his proportions and eye-popping color and accents. Plus who doesn't love wearing a 70's-style knit blanket?









pic name

pic name

pic name
Twenty8Twelve's collection featured a brilliant use of velour and velvet. I am pleased with these fabrics' return to fashion limelight. I also appreciate the youthfulness of these looks in a season where changing silhouettes seem to be adding 15 years. They do the maxi length dress well with great layers.










pic name

pic name

pic name



But I think my favorite out of London so far is Vivienne Westwood's Red Label. I am absolutely in love with her wacky print mixing.









pic name

pic name

pic name

No comments:

Post a Comment